L2 Lineage 2 Magic Coin Quest
This Magic Coin Quest Guide was written by Duat Bui.
Inside and Outside the Magic Coin Quest
Start at: Hunter's Village
Level Required: Level 40 Minimal
Part One: Starting the Quest
To start this quest off, you must talk to Warehouse Keeper Sorint (Northwest side of Hunter's Village). Once you accept the quest, Sorint will send you to the Union President Bernard (Center of the Hunter's Village between the two bridges) to get the Kaldis Coin for him. Bernard will tell you that he does not have the coin. After talking to Bernard, you must head southeast to near the Angel Waterfall. You will get the Kaldis Coin after killing a couple of Harit Lizardmen Matriarchs. This monster will be around the road just slightly west of the Angel Waterfall. Be careful of this monster. It is level 55 and aggressive (it will attack you if you get too close to it). It might be best to get a few friends to help you kill it. You must get the last hit on the monster though to have any chance of getting the coin. Once you have the coin, go back and talk to Warehouse Keeper Sorint. DO NOT TALK TO UNION PRESIDENT BERNARD WHEN YOU GET THE COIN. He will give you a small amount of adena for the coin and all your work will have been for nothing. Once you talk to Sorint, go through all the talk and you should find yourself a Lever 3 Member of their Coin Collecting Guild. Now you will be able to collect coins which can be exchanged for better coins and then exchange those coins for reward items. To see the list of items you will be able to redeem the coins for, talk to Warehouse Keeper Sorint.
There are three types of coins that you can receive from killing monsters. All three are the lowest coins and certain amounts of these must be exchanged to certain people for better coins if you want to receive items.
Here is a list of coins that drop off monsters and what monsters will drop:
Silver Unicorn Coins
- Ol Mahum: Level 53 Aggressive - Found South and West of the Border Outpost
- Mahum Warrior: Level 54 Passive - Found South and West of the Border Outpost
- Formor: Level 45 Passive - Found Northwest of the Ivory Tower
- Formor Elder: Level 51 Passive - Found Northwest of the Ivory Tower
- Shackle: Level 45 Aggressive - Found in the circle of the Ivory Tower and near the center of Death Pass
- Timak Orc Shaman: Level 44 Passive - Found around the Ivory Tower outside the circle and Northeast of the Ivory Tower.
- Timak Orc: Level 40 Passive - Found slightly east of Oren Castle just past the river.
- Timak Orc Archer: Level 41 Passive - Found around the Ivory Tower outside the circle.
- Timak Orc Soldier: Level 42 Aggressive - Found around the Ivory Tower outside the circle.
- Magister Page: Southwest side of Hunter's Village (Elven Mage Trainer) - Will trade with level 3 members and above.
- Researcher Lorain: Entrance to Cruma Tower - Will trade with level 3 members and above.
- Warehouse Keeper Hagger: East side of Oren - Will trade with level 3 members and above.
- Guard Stan: Southern Gate of Oren - Will trade with level 2 members and above.
- Ralford: Basement of the Ivory Tower - Will trade with level 2 members and above.
- Head Blacksmith Ferris: Southeast side of Aden - Will only trade with level 1 members.
- Warehouse Keeper Collob: Southeast side of Giran - Will only trade with level 1 members.
- Grocer Pano: Center of Floran Village - Will only trade with level 1 members.
To attain level 2 member status, you must give Warehouse Keeper Sorint:
- 1 Blood Werewolf Coin
- 1 Blood Dre Vanul Coin
- 1 Gold Drake Coin
- 1 Gold Knight Coin
- 1 Silver Fairy Coin
- 1 Silver Golem Coin
- 1 Silver Dryad Coin
- 1 Silver Undine Coin
- 1 Blood Basilisk Coin
- 1 Blood Succubus Coin
- 1 Gold Giant Coin
- 1 Gold Wyrm Coin
Part Two: Collecting the Coins
From what I have seen, the best place to collect coins would be the Ivory Tower area. This area spawns several different monsters that will drop all three types of coin. The Timak Orc Soldiers will drop Blood Medusa Coins very often. Gold Wyvern Coins will drop once in awhile from the shackles in the circle of the Ivory Tower. Silver Unicorns will also drop fairly often, though not frequently, off the Formors and Formor Elders. Though I have not tried fighting the Ol Mahum and Ol Mahum Warriors, I have heard from them that they will drop Silver Unicorn Coins a bit more often than the Formors/Elders.
Want to buy Lineage 2 Adena at real cheap prices, Lewt is the only trusted place to buy.